Things I Am Not Allowed To Do At Work, Part 10
(Previously. Recap: University sysadmin.)
- Change my job-title to, "Knight Errant, Keeper of the Bits, Guardian of the Unwary, and Defender against the Internet Hordes".
- ... "Claims of accuracy are not a compelling argument. You're not allowed a better job title than I have."
- Update the GECOS field for my user account to a value other than that held by HR.
- To not circumvent this restriction by updating testing accounts instead.
- To also not update the GECOS field for other users contrary to User Administration policy. Take the suffix "(Killjoy)" off my account at once.
- ... "No, you not allowed ask the head of User Administration for special permission. She'll say yes."
- The University's Graduation ceremonies should not be referred to as the "Semi-Annual Batman Cosplay Convention."
- ... "moreover, you will only be admitted if wearing the traditional formal robes. Your sloppy clown make-up and purple jacket is completely inappropriate."
- You are not to invent your own hazard glyph that asserts "THIS OBJECT IS COMPLETELY HARMLESS".
- ... particularly if it has a post-it added that adds, "... unless provoked."
- No, the Vice-Chancellor is not a Cylon.
- You are not empowered to set condition one throughout the department.
- The departmental fire coordinator is responsible for managing the building's fire wardens, not for calling in airstrikes on targets of interest. Send that radio equipment back.